The New Year has arrived and all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is a distant memory. Want to star off the year with a bang? Consider keeping the spirit of the season alive with winter entertaining. Just because Christmas is behind us doesn’t mean we have to stop getting together with friends and family.
There is much to look forward to; the super bowl, Valentine’s Day, St. Patty’s Day, March Madness … so make it a resolution to get your home in order for some spectacular winter parties!
Here are 5 Great Winter Entertaining Home Improvement Projects:
- Half Bathroom Remodel and/or Guest Bedroom Remodel: Make it easy for guests to enjoy themselves by offering a safe alternative to driving hazardous winter roads late at night. Get your creative juices flowing by sprucing up the guest bedroom and making the ½ bathroom a welcoming space. Here are a few gorgeous ideas by houzz.
- Kitchen Remodel: It’s one of the most used rooms in any home, so it makes sense to make it as efficient and inviting as possible. Even if you’re on a limited budget, simple remodel solutions, such as an additional mini-frig for beverages; can make your life and entertaining easier. Better Homes and Gardens has some excellent kitchen remodeling tips.
- Remodel Your Home’s Entryway: The entrance to your home is the first impression your guests get when stopping by for a visit. A new front porch, front door, coat closet, or organizational area can make all the difference to keep your home looking fresh and clutter-free. Check out HGTV’s 670 Foyers to get some inspiration on sprucing up your home’s entrance.
- Recreation Room Remodel: With the chill of winter all around, most activities are done indoors. Why not make it a resolution to convert a spare room or the basement into an ideal space for entertaining. Rec rooms serve as an excellent place for the younger generation to safely hang out, a game room or a media room for all ages. Need some inspiration? Check out some of these awesome designs on Pinterest
- Remodel Bar/Beverage Area: Allowing guest and family members alike access to self-service beverages, makes for easy entertaining. As any frequent entertainer can attest to, keeping traffic out of the food preparation area makes for a stress-free party. Check out these great ideas for encouraging guests to help themselves.
There you have it, some inspiration to make this the year of memorable gatherings with those who matter to you most. If you need help with implementing any of these ideas, Ferris Home Improvements of Delaware has over 40 years of experience in providing dependable and quality home improvement services to Newark, Bear, Wilmington and New Castle, Delaware. Get in touch!